Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Experimentation.

After going through my previous images as well as taking some new ones I have started playing around on photoshop with the blending tool. These are some of the results:


I really like these images and how the horizontal lines in each photograph line up nicely, however I find the colour a bit dull. Doesn't help that the photo's were taken on an overcast day. Therefore I quite like the top image using the difference blending tool as it gives the photo a nice strong colour.



Although I like the colours in the image on the right I think the image on the right is working better as the lighting is a lot better with the curtain covering the over-exposed window. I really like the way the bathroom light switch sits on the bedroom door in this composition. 

I quite like the rays of light in the images created by overlaying the images, the image on the right is a bit yellow though a bit like the one below which I don't quite like. 


I really like this idea of keeping the camera in the same place and taking pictures as the space is 'lived in'? I think it is quite interesting as it shows how the space in the image is used. I don't know if I like the yellow lighting which is the result of all the blending modes I used to create the transparent images, should experiment with editing the colour a bit more to see if I can get a better result.

Contact sheet for last photo shoot below:




untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment