Saturday, March 26, 2011

Where to go from here.


Well deciding on what approach to take for my final series of photographs I found these images from other photographers who have also looked at overlaying multiple images to create interesting yet also very different overall effects.  


I like the overlaying of different landscapes in this series and I also really like the colours used through out the series, I think it's very effective. 



Although these last two photographs by Jerry Uelsmann and Harold Edgerton are done with film and processes in the dark room I find the way they approach the layering of images very inspiring. 










Looking at my work so far:


I like the composition and colours in these two photos, and I think they are working well together as a possible series. I like the way the images are layered up on top of each other especially in the image on the right. 


 In these images I looked at adding myself to into the photo as well, as a way to show my relation and the sense of belonging I have with my flat.
However I think the images are a lot stronger with out me in them as they become more abstract and about my feelings which isn't working when I put myself in the image.  



 These photo's are continuing with the idea of looking at how my flatmates and I relate to the space around us aka our flat, and how we only occupy the spaces in our flat for a moment - the furniture and space stays the same while we are constantly moving around.
Looking at these photo's compared to the previous one (below) I don't think they are working as well. 
This is because: 
- I'm not doing anything in the photo, just walking around - looks set up
- Only one person in the photo, don't get the relation between people
- Too many people, I think it's ruining the effect


Although I really like the first two images I think this is just because they are more finished and work well together, and therefore for my series of images for this assignment I think I'm going to continue with the last images. I think the idea behind them is a lot stronger and clearer.


Here is the contact used in some of these images:


220311_ContactSheet

No comments:

Post a Comment