Monday, March 28, 2011

Rationale

For me moving to Wellington was a big change in my life. Before moving here I had lived in the same house and had been surrounded by the same people my entire life. However even though Wellington is so new to me as a home I enjoy it. When looking at this assignment and the idea of 'belonging' I found that you don't really belong to a particular place, its the things you do and the people you surround yourself with that give you the sense of belonging you associate with these places. Therefore I have tried to communicate this idea in my photography, focusing on the way we inhabit a space and make it our own.
Using the different blending modes in Photoshop allowed me to also portray a sense of time and the passing of time in my images due to the opacity of the people. I found this adds to the photographs and my idea of occupying space as although we come and go, moving around in the image, the place we inhabit stays the same and will continue to be the same after we have left.





No comments:

Post a Comment